PHotography of PAINTINGS Pricelist
PHOTOGRAPHY RATES FOR paintings and 2-D artwork
Number of Paintings
Total cost with color-matched file burned to CD
What you get:
Dgital photography of any painting up to 30 x 40 inches (1200 sq inches) with up to three color matched files. If you don't know what you need for files, just let me know and I'll assist you.
Common File sizes you might want:
- 5x7 - 300 ppi JPEG files (common jury application file size)
- 5x7 - 360 ppi TIFF or CMYK files (used for postcards and other printing)
- 640 x 480 ppi, 72 ppi JPEGS (for emailing and websites, can be larger if you like)
- 4x6 jpeg files (for home printing)
- CAFÉ, ZAPPLICATION or JAS Files (for applying to art shows using these digital application systems)
- Photography of paintings up to 40" x 60" - add $10 per piece.
- Larger Files - see next section below
- Photography of unusual work, diptychs, triptychs, floating pieces, groupings etc. - $100/hr.
- 3- 35 mm SLIDES from digital files, same image - $15, $3 each additional/same
- Original film slides, 1 roll minimum, 4 slides each of 8 pieces - $195 or $125 with digitial files
- Uploading of ZAPP/CAFE/JAS files - $10 each set with order
- Duplicate CDs - $10 each
- Artopia Gallery website posting - $50/first image, $10 additional images per year.
Larger files of your artwork http://artopiagiclee.com/photographyproof.html
- Photography and files for same-size reproductions of your work at home or with another printer.
- Files up to 1.5 gigabytes can be created
- Files can be 8 or 16 bit, Tiffs, Photoshop, up to 360 DPI.
- Computer monitor-matched files or files with matching print proofs are available
- Files are matched against your orignal in a tightly controlled color environment, with special lights and calibrated, high-end monitors
Fine Art Prints (Giclée)
- Giclée art reproduction prints created at the studio are available on fine art papers or stretched canvas.
- Prints up to 44 inches wide by any length can be made.
- Please call for pricing or visit Artopiagiclee.com, my Giclée art-reproduction website.
Payment Options and related details
- All major credit cards accepted, checks and cash.
- Paypal also accepted. I can send you a Paypal payment request and you can pay your bill that way via Paypal.
- Massachusetts residents pay 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax
- 50% deposit required for work that is left. Balance due when work is complted
- Come to the studio and leave with a CD of your images in 1 to 2 hours.
- Or leave work for 24 to 48 hr turnaround.
i unconditionally guarantee everything I do so you don't have to worry that it won't be right. I have shots thousands of paintings for hundreds of artists like yourself. I'm not afraid of difficult subjects!
- Paintings are usually shot against a black background with color cards. Color cards help with color matching but are cropped out of final images. The background will also get cropped out as well. Paintings can be shot against white or some other color if you wish, but lighter colors tend to reflect too much light back and can degrade an image. It would be similar to looking directly into the sun.
- The lighting used depends on your work and what is most important. I can bring out surface textures and control or eliminate surface glare as desired. The studio is set-up for critical color matching with high-end monitors, a spectrometer for measuring color directly from paintings, and a proofing area with expensive proofing lighting.
- Matted and framed works can be photographed but shadows over image edges may need to be cropped out. It is always best if your work can be brought in unframed.
- I have an easel for shooting works on masonite panels. If you don't want tape on your work I have a metal wall and magnets for attaching art.
- Files may need specific naming for applications. Example: Smith_Over_The_City_ 30x40_oil.JPEG - so come with a list of names and sizes for your work.
- I'm seeing many applications asking for 5x7, 300 dpi jpeg or tiff files on CD.
- Web files need to be 72 DPI jpegs. Files for commercial printing are usually 300 to 360 DPI Tiffs or CMYK files.
Student Discount - 10% off
- If you have a valid student ID you quality for a 10% discount. Just present your ID to me when I'm writing up the invoice and I'll apply your discount.